Diversity Video & Book Lending Library
Diversity Book Club
OSU Multicultural Resources Guide
Diversity Resource Guide(description below)
Diversity Speakers & Trainers Bureau (description below)
- Parents, Family, and Friends of Lesbians & Gays (LGBTQ support/education)
- Out-N-About (LGBTQ youth group for Benton & Linn Counties)
- Arc of Benton County (Advocating for People with Developmental Disabilities)
- NOW (National Organization for Women) in Oregon
- Corvallis Senior Center
- Community Services Consortium (Services for people in Linn, Benton and Lincoln counties to help them overcome the causes and conditions of poverty)
- V.E.L.A. Benton County Latino Student Voice in Action. Meets the 1st & 3rd Thursdays of the month, 6:00 pm, at Corvallis Benton Plaza. 766-6751
- NAMI Mid-Valley. National Alliance for the Mentally Ill. Help-line: 1-800-950-6264. Starting March 4, 2004, Family-to-Family Education Program for family and friends of individuals with serious mental illness. Meeting 7-9:30 pm at the Samaritan Mental Health Center. Info: Virgil Wilson (541) 928-7036
- N.A.A.C.P. Meets the 2nd Thursday/month. 101 NW 23rd St., Corvallis. 752-8230
- Linn-Benton Hispanic Advisory Committee. Meets the last Tuesday/month, 3-5 pm, alternating between Corvallis & Albany locations. Call (541) 766-6751.
- Community Outreach (Shelter, food, medical, substance abuse, and counseling services. Helping people help themselves)
Trevor Project Helpline. A 24-hour, 365-day toll-free crises line solely dedicated to counseling gay and questioning youth. Call (866) 488-7386 or go to www.TheTrevorProject.org.
Modern Language Association's website with maps and listings of languages spoken in regions of the United States.
- Lift Every Voice (Diversity Newsletter from the Oregon State University (OUS) Chancellor's Office)
- Diversity at OSU Web Site (conversations, essays, poetry, and resources)
- Asian Cultural Center (ACC)
2638 NW Jackson, 737-6361, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lonnie B. Harris Black Cultural Center (BCC)
2325 NW Monroe, 737-4372, email@example.com
- Centro Cultural Cesar Chavez (CCCC)
1969 "A" Street, 737-3790, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Native American Longhouse (NAL)
26th & Jefferson, 737-2738, email@example.com
- Pride Center
1553 SW "A" Ave, 737-9161, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Women Center
Benton Annex, 737-3186, WomensCenter@oregonstate.edu
Diversity Resource Guide
CAD has developed a Resource Guide of local businesses and agencies that provide goods and services for people of diverse backgrounds. This free guide is to help new arrivals to our community locate the products and services they need and to help them feel welcomed and included. Please let us know if you have suggestions for additional businesses and agencies to include in the Resource Guide!
Diversity Speakers & Trainers Bureau
CAD has compiled a list of diversity speakers and trainers. Please let us know of additional speakers or trainers to add to the bureau or of needed corrections to the current listings.